Evolution 2.0.2 Filter Problem

Chris Ruprecht chrisr at ruprecht.org
Sun Dec 26 03:18:25 UTC 2004

Hi Bob,

On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 21:53 -0500, Bob Chiodini wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 21:43 -0500, Chris Ruprecht wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for the idea.  I've thought about it before, but never figured
> out how to make it work with IMAP.  I'll give it another look.
>
> BTW:  I may have misdiagnosed the evolution problem.  It seems more
> random than just not having the INBOX selected.  It always seems to work
> in that case, but randomly fails when another folder is selected.
> Initially I thought it always failed to filter the email.

for many, many years, I was running POP3, even though I have my own
server where mail gets collected (sent to). It concerned me that once I
retrieved the mail with one of my client machines, it could no longer
viewed by any of the other machines. Eventually, a friend of mine
persuaded me to use IMAP but then, everything was stored in the INBOX
and I still was using one of the clients to filter the mail.
This is not really an acceptable solution - specially since the M$
Exchange server does it (mostly) right - except when you have too many
rules (> 32 KB, about 50 or so rules).
Then I stumbled over procmail and email life was great.
Now, I still need to figure out, how to set up LDAP and get my address
book imported so that I can use it with Thunderbird (no vCard import
there).

Best regards,
Chris

--
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' - I might just tell you the
truth ...