Thunderbird signature

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Dec 26 17:38:54 UTC 2004

John Cox wrote:

>  You can download the TB1 rpm here:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/
>
> rpm -Uvh and your settings are safe
> john

Thanks, John. That did the trick, and, as you can see below, I now have
a sig file. All settings preserved, mail not lost, etc...
One thing, however, this seems to be a nightly build. It's version
number is 20041216. It seems to work just fine. Down the road, should I
switch to a stable regular release, and if so, how, the same way?

To the replier who pointed out that the suggestions on where to look
were wrong - he was right, however, in 'tools/account settings' on the
default tab, there was no box at the bottom to specify a sig file - I
looked many times, and now that I have the setting, I'm doubly sure it
wasn't there, because it's blatantly, stare-you-in-the-face obvious,
now. It would appear that the version of Thunderbird that was released
with FC3 was missing this feature, or it may have been stripped by the
upgrade process 'yum upgrade' that I ran after installation. Anyhow, all
is well now.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA