Mbox2MailDir [was]Re: moving from stock IMAP server to Cyrus IMAP.

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Mon Dec 27 07:10:36 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 02:39, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 19.05.2004 schrieb Apollo's list account um 19:21:
>

> > Can I keep Postifix and just change it to Cyrus IMAP style mailboxes and
> > install Cyrus IMAP? Or do I have to start from scratch?
> > Fortunately I have only 10 users, so I will have to deal with about 10K
> > in messages and about 150 sub folders.
>
> Of course you can keep Postfix to run it in conjunction with
> Cyrus-IMAPd. But be aware that migration from uw-imap is not that easy.
> In any way, either after a fresh new install of FC2 with Cyrus-IMAPd or
> after an upgrade, you will have to migrate the mbox format mails to the
> format that Cyrus-IMAPd uses (a Maildir format). Cyrus-IMAPd comes with
> a tool for that.

Cyrus comes with a tool for moving mbox files to maildir?? I didn't know
about that! I was searching the net yesterday for it. All I found were
solutions to using "formail" and one which uses a per-script which needs
NetxAP (which I couldn't find a RPM for FC3)

What is the  name of that tool?

Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!