Postfix + Cyrus + Catchall Addreses

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Mon Dec 27 11:14:34 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 17:30, Volker Kindermann wrote:
> Please forget my previous posting, I shouldn't answer mails before
> having enough coffee.

Okay.. I'm ignoring the previous postings.

> Please provide the following information:
>
> are user1 and user2 system user or virtual user?
user1 and user2 are system users.
user100 is a NON-Existent user.

user999 is a virtual user in cyrus.

Mails sent to user1 and user2 will get auth'ed using the system's passwd
file. No issues there.

mails sent to user100 will get bounced with No-User Found. Normally
desired. Only things is, currently, I want to experiment and I want a
catchall address. eg: All non-existent users (in cyrus or system
accounts) will be sent to catchall at virtual.domain1.com

mails sent to user999 will be accepted(as with any valid users already
in cyrus's mailbox database), but there is curently no way (yet, since
I'm still trying to figure out how to get virtual users auth'ed w/o
using LDAP/mySQL/PostgrelQSL and only flat files and _not_ the system
/etc/passwd file) to get to the emails via Evolution since there's
No-password!

Thanks .

--
Ow Mun Heng