slmodemd dead but subsys locked

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 03:02:37 UTC 2004

After trying many different things, changing settings
around, Now slmodemd now works great!!

I added to /etc/init.d/slmodemd the line sleep3 here
after the rest

# Only this part was modified
start() {
        cat /proc/modules | grep 'slamr' >/dev/null ||
{
        echo -n "Loading SmartLink Modem driver into
kernel ... "
        modprobe slamr && echo "done." || {
           echo "failed."
           exit -1
          }
        }
        sleep 3
        echo -n "Starting SmartLink Modem driver for
$SLMODEMD_DEVICE: "
        $prog </dev/null >/dev/null 2>/dev/null \
            --country=$SLMODEMD_COUNTRY $SLMODEMD_OPTS
/dev/$SLMODEMD_DEVICE &
        RETVAL=$?
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && success $"$prog startup"
|| failure $"$prog startup"
        echo
        [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch
/var/lock/subsys/$prog
        return $RETVAL
}
# rest of file goes here

No more
*****slmodemd dead but subsys locked******

No more!!!  Reading from
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30067
at the very end of the thread I saw

cp -a /dev/slamr0 /etc/udev/devices

and as superuser I typed that at the prompt and
rebooted.  Everything now works.  Thanks to all who
helped and gave suggestions.

Regards,

Antonio