GPL ghostscript 8.15 is available - why is 7.07 still in FC3?

Ben Stanley Ben.Stanley at exemail.com.au
Tue Dec 28 08:03:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

I started looking at ghostscript because I have a problem with ps2epsi
improperly converting files containing patterned fills.

I want to upgrade to 8.15 to see if this resolves my problem. Firstly, I
note that there are no rpms available anywhere... Secondly, I note that
the 7.07-25 rpm for FC2 (or 7.07-33 for FC3) has a damned large number
of patches.

Anyway, I had a crack at building a simple rpm, and found a few
problems, so now I'm working on updating the 7.07 .spec file to work
with 8.15. I've had to cut out a lot of the japanese patches which don't
apply cleanly.

Anyway, I'd just like to know if ghostscript is at 7.07 for a technical
reason or because nobody got to it yet...

Ben Stanley.