Missing DVD-RW Drive

Henry F Fourie henry at althalus.co.za
Tue Dec 28 13:21:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I did a standard Fedora Core 2 install. All was working good except my
sound card. Then used up2date to update my system and downloaded the
2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp kernal. I installed teh RPM and then rebooted my
machine. when it came up Kudzu ran and picked up my sound card. After
logging in as the normal user and as root, the DVD drive is missing. I
can burn onto disks using K3B, but I cannot find my DVD drive under the
"Computer" section.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me...

Henry