Audio Ripping/Converting tasks

Paul Michael Reilly pmr at pajato.com
Tue Dec 28 14:45:25 UTC 2004

I seem to recollect that Fedora had format conversion programs at one
point (FLAC to MP3 in particular) but when I went to do some
conversion on FC3 there was no such converter to be found.  It was a
while ago, so I could easily be mistaken.

In any case, I would like to rip my CDs using FLAC (OGG) and convert
the *.flac files to both MP3 and OGG formats (cached on demand) using
tools "supported" on FC3 where supported just means that rpms are
available now or there is likekly to be a desire to have rpms in the
future from some package repository widely used by the Fedora
community.  Hope that's clear.

-pmr