FC2: Problems getting Palm Tungsten E to sync

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Dec 28 15:55:21 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 00:27, James A. Giseburt wrote:

> However, after I get the pilot setting configured, I can't get it to

James,

What kernel are you using?  I'm told that there is apparently a bug in the
latest kernel which causes the gpilot applet to crash silently with newer
Palm Pilots.  When I switched to the .667 kernel, things went much better.

I should mention that I got my PDA to sync with Evolution exactly once.  After
that it introduced a host of problems which ended up with me losing all of my
calendar and task data on my PDA and on my computer.  I eventually dumped
Evolution altogether, and I'm now using KPilot to sync everything up.