FC3 + SELinux and mounting floppy as user

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Dec 29 12:38:07 UTC 2004

Michael Yep wrote:

> Writing to a floppy would be a security hole.  Thats why its not
> allowed.  SE Linux is for high security applications

Whether or not writing to a floppy is a security hole, I am not sure
this is being prevented by SELinux.  Are you seeing
any AVC messages in the log file?  This may be a DAC prevention.  Try
setenforce 0 and then try to work with the Floppy,
if the same problems happen, it is not an SELinux problem.

SELinux running targeted policy is not only for high security
applications.  The goal is to bring better security to all OS's.