setting the default printer application

soraberri 421246 at posta.unizar.es
Wed Dec 29 12:59:13 UTC 2004

Each program installed in Fedora uses a different application for
printing documents, but the printer I'm printing to is the same printer
always. For example, from Konqueror the printer application lets me
choose the layout (2-up, 4-up, etc...) in printer properties, but in
gedit the print dialog is another different one, where I can only select
the printer I use and the size of paper.
Is this the normal way in Linux? Can I set a default printer driver for
every program?