monitor remote rpm database

mnikhil m mnikhil.juno at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:10:01 UTC 2004

Hi All ,
Happy Holidays :)

I want to know how can I monitor remote machines rpm database , so
that when ever a user on that machine installs a new rpm on the
system, thinking that I have root access to the remote machine .
when I tried to search in install.log which is in /root directory , it
is created only when te distribution is installed and thereby not
updated ,
Where is the path of the rpm database (gdbm) files that rpm maintains
and how do I read them ( what could be the keys to read the gdbm
files) and from them generate the reports and send a mail to root or a
groupmail.

Regards,
Nikhil.
 °v°