Fedora 3 Install troubles

Phil Scherzinger pscherz at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 30 17:13:49 UTC 2004

Got a new pc, and am trying to install Fedora 3.  I get the following message:

assertion (heads > 0) at disk_doc.c:485 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed

I am given two options, Ignore, and Cancel.

Message is displayed several times with "heads > 0" changing back and forth to sectors > xx (xx value seems to change).  Also the value on "c:485" also changes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Basic PC config is:

p4, 2.4ghz
512m mem
120gb sata drive
80gb eide drive
memorex cdrw
dvdrw

Thanks in advance

Phil

Phil and Bev Scherzinger
Spring, Tx 77388

We will not be remembered by our words, but by our kind deeds.  Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that takes our breath.  Today . I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ... .. A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself .. An unexpected phone call from an old friend .
Green stoplights on your way to work .. The fastest line at the grocery store . A good sing-along song on the radio .. Your keys right where you left them.