FC2 test 1

Vic Gedris vic at gedris.org
Thu Feb 12 18:38:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:41:02PM +0000, WipeOut wrote:
> Mike Lurk wrote:
>
> >I just had a look at the FC2 test 1 download for iso's and it is 4 cd's,
> >plus a nother 4 for the SRPM's. Wow,
> >
> So I guess that puts it ahead of debian which IIRC is 7 CD's.. :)

Debian is 7 CDs just of *binaries*.  The sources would be in addition to
that.

That's one of the areas where Debian still has FC beat.  Many more
packages integrated into the official distro, yet at the same time the
ability to do a very minimalistic install.  I'm hoping FC reaches
similar proportions someday.

Cheers,
vic
...currently download FC2-test1 and looking forward to giving it a whirl
on my Thinkpad.

--
Vic Gedris             |  Sick of getting Microsoft email viruses? Try
vic-at-gedris.org      |  using Linux instead!    http://www.linux.org