yum livna nvidia problems.

John McBride jmcbride at ccis.com
Sun Feb 1 17:32:19 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:
> John McBride said:
>
>>yum install xmms-mp3 :
>>Resolving dependencies
>>....identical dependency loop exceeded
>>package xmms-mp3 needs xmms = 1:1.2.9 (not provided)
>>
>>I'm guessing either the yum.conf posted at the UFAQ is incomplete or the
>>livna repository is broken.
>

> Looks like livna has the updates-testing version of xmms-mp3, but you
> don't have the updates-testing version of xmms.

I'm using this:

http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/samples/yum.conf

resulting in this:

# yum install xmms-mp3
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (unstable)
Server: macromedia.mplug.org - Flash Plugin
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
....identical dependency loop exceeded
package xmms-mp3 needs xmms = 1:1.2.9 (not provided)

---
John