The upgrade is complete..

Michael Ben-Gershon mybg at netvision.net.il
Sun Feb 1 18:59:19 UTC 2004

I forgot two important items: Gnome and CUPS.

Having been a devotee of command line only linux with fv2wm being my only
graphical interface, I was a bit apprehensive about going over to Gnome in
Fedora. I am glad I persisted, as I am really getting to like it! I just
need to read a bit more about programming it as I have a few utils I would
like to write for it!

CUPS has also been a great upgrade. I had an immensly complex /etc/printcap
file with all kinds of 'virtual' printers which routed output through a number
of different filters. All this has been condensed into CUPS in a totally
transparent manner, and the elegance of it all has me amazed.

Thanks a lot to all those involved!

Michael Ben-Gershon
mybg at netvision.net.il