Ximian Connector

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 2 05:46:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 23:13, JDK wrote:
> Has anyone used Ximian Connector successfully with Fedora Core 1?
>
> There does not appear to be a way to try it our without buying
> the license up front.  They have a package for RH9, but I was not
> sure it would work for Fedora, and don't want to pay $69 to find
> out.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> jdk

I use it at work on FC 1 to connect to an MS Exchange 2003 server
(yukk).  It works very well, though I think there is some weird issue
with it under FC 1.  When I am running Evo everything works perfectly,
however, whenever I shutdown Evo, I get a segfault.  It doesn't affect
anything and I can fire Evo back up and it runs great again.  Shut Evo
down and another error message, lather rise, repeat.  I have used it for
a few months and it is very stable except for the odd ball shutdown of
Evo.  I am not sure if it has something to do with NTPL or prelink.  It
is just something I live with.  I used an old RH9 and redcarpet to
install Ximian Evolution and Ximian Connector and grabbed the RPM from
there.  I then used rpm2cpio to save a tar file and just copied the few
files manually to my FC1 box.  It is much better then using the OWA.

You can install Connector, though I believe you will need to register
your key before you can connect to an MS Exchange server.  I know they
have some money back thingy if your are not satisfied.

Ximian does not support FC1 right now, so if that matters to you, you
would have to use RH9, SuSE 9 or Mandrake.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA