Stupid Newbie

Greg fedora at packetstorm.org
Mon Feb 2 13:56:39 UTC 2004

If I understand correctly you migrated a server from RH9 to Fedora via
an upgrade.

When you do that the up2date channel you were using for RH9 wont be
usable in Fedora anyhow. Once your using Fedora you need to update some
configuration files to make things happy again.

this unnoficial faq will answer your question
http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/

If that doesnt work you can always rpm -e --nopdeps up2date then rpm
-ivh up2date (you will need a fedora cd for the install). That will
uninstall the old stuff and should reinstall the up2date software,
directories and config files. Then try the faq again.

-Greg