Red Hat Linux Install Failure with Promise FastTrak TX Onboard SATA150 RAID Chipset

Matthew Walburn matt at math.mit.edu
Tue Feb 3 17:09:24 UTC 2004

Sorry for the delay!

> Check the archives  Matthew Walburn reported having built a driver
> disk for fc1 , I tried and ended up having to install redhat 9 and
> then upgrade to fc1 using yum , this worked fine but was messy. I have
> requested Matthew Walburn post his disk or instructions which would
> make future instalations and support possible by simply compiling the
> boot-modules for whatever kernel is used by the instalation.

I have made my boot disk which I successfully was able to install
Fedora with, available on my website at:

http://www.railwave.com/fedora_fasttrack.img

To write the image out to a disk:

dd if=fedora_fasttrack.img of=/dev/fd0u1440

I wish I had better documented how I created it. I will try to reverse
engineer my own process and post it here and on the web as well.

Good luck!

-Matthew

--
Matthew Walburn, RHCE