Future Dating

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Feb 3 21:27:10 UTC 2004

Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> Does anyone else have Barry Yu <barryyupuilee at netscape.net> messages
> future dated (on their system)
>
>   Feb 04  7:03 AM and
>   Feb 04  6:57 AM and
>   Feb 03 10:04 PM and
>   Feb 03  9:59 PM
>
> Just wondering why it's future dated?
> as I am on New York, New York time  EST.or
> better still now is as I write this Feb 03 3:24 PM
>
> Yet when I go Fedora List they are listed as
>
> Tue Feb 3 04:56:48 GMT 2004
> Tue Feb 3 05:91:48 GMT 2004
> Tue Feb 3 06:51:48 GMT 2004
> Tue Feb 3 06:56:00 GMT 2004
>
> Anyone venture a guess?
>
> Chris Cz

Short explanation, date wrong on computer.

Where is Barry Yu located?  Across the International Date line?

If I understand correctly, he could be already in tomorrow (Feb 04)
due to the date line.

Thinking about it.

As I am in Alberta GMT-7, 14:10 local is 21:10 GMT
If they are East of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) then you add hours to
GMT get local times.  So they could easily be into Feb 04 locally.
Thus they could be Feb 03 21:10 +11hrs = Feb 04 08:10 where Barry Yu
is located.

Here is a list of current times for various places around the world.
Notice that some of them are already into Wednesday.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/custom.html?sort=1&low=c

I don't have any of his original posts to look at in greater detail.

This is always a good excuse to start drinking quite early on New
Years as you can celebrate New Year in Manila in the morning. :)  We
tried it one year. :)

--
Robin Laing