Spamassassin in evolution

Tue Feb 3 23:10:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:19, Charles Howse wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Mark,
>
> VERY interesting.  I need to look into this further.  I'm currently using
> KMail, but if Evolution has built-in support for spamassassin, I don't mind
> switching.
>
> I assume there's a HOWTO somewhere, I'll look for one.

You can go here:

http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=329

If the URL does not work, go to Ximian's support site and check for FAQ
#329.

The above uses a slight variation ('spamassassin -e' instead of 'spamc
-c'), but the end result is the same.

One other thing helps greatly with e-mail coming with MS worm/virus
attachments, which is to edit ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file and add
the following line:

score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 5.0

That will cause spam hits on e-mails with .exe, .com files, etc.

HTH,

Marc