Fedora Updates

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 4 09:14:21 UTC 2004

Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:

> Hello guys.
>
> I have a question. It is known that mozilla-1.6 and KDE-3.2 was
> released. However, they are absent in Fedora Update repository. My
> question - why? Are the correspondent RPMs still not ready?
>
> Somebody have advised me to configure my yum to some "monkey"
> repository where mozilla-1.6 RPMs are resided. But I trust only Fedora
> team and want to use only official Fedora updates.

Fedora does not updates ALL packages to the latest version as soon as
they are released.. Thats why other people run their own repositories
with bleeding edge packages for those who want them..

The Dev team are probably working more on getting FC2 ready so I doubt
you will see any upgraded packages released for FC1..

Later..