It's lying to me about fat kernel module. Can't mount fat/vfat

Paul Furness paul.furness at vil.ite.mee.com
Wed Feb 4 09:40:11 UTC 2004

Hi.

You could try mounting it as "vfat" (FAT32) which is what it probably
is.

Have you tried mounting it and not telling mount the file system type?
That way it should autodetect what it wants to use and try and use it.
It's fairly unusual that it can't work it out for itself:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash

Paul.