KDE 3.2 - kded?

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Wed Feb 4 14:46:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 15:40, Gerrit Holl wrote:
> Emiliano Brunetti wrote:
> > got KDE 3.2 and it's really good (fedora rpms from oregonstate). Just a
> > small problem (think so): when i logon i have a small window showing up.
> > Name is kded and i don't know what is kded about (pls forgive my
> > ignorance). I can see that the kded process is running (by ps); kded
> > window looks like crashed, i can't kill by pushing normal buttons but i
> > can xkill and everything keeps working fine.
> >
> > Anybody had such a issue with KDE 3.2? Any hint on how to avoid this to
> > happen all the time i logon?
>
> $ kded --help
> Usage: kded [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options]

Gerritt,

i did kded --help (thanks anyway for the hint) but i couldn't figure out
what it is for exactly nor why it keeps showing up as a crashed-like
window. Maybe my previous post was not clear: my point is: what is kded
exactly for (help or google didn't help) and is anybody else having this
strange behaviour or have anybody a idea of how to stop it?

Thanks again

E.