Arts in KDE 3.2

Mary Ellen Foster M.E.Foster at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 14:49:08 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 04 Feb 2004 14:08, Paul_Vandenberg wrote:
> I installed the Fedora KDE 3.2 packages. Whenever, I get into KDE,
> aRts crashes. I have a Compaq Deskpro EN, with Intel 82801BA/BAM AC'97
> Audio card. It is built in to the motherboard.

There's a known bug with aRts working with Intel 810 + AC97 audio + OSS
drivers, as described here:

	http://www.arts-project.org/doc/handbook/faq-hardware-specific.html

It works fine with the ALSA drivers, though. I generally get the SRPMS for
kdemultimedia, kdelibs, and arts and rebuild the RPMS with ALSA enabled,
which is pretty straightforward (you just have to change one line in the spec
file).

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~mef/ __
"What, do you want to tempt the wrath of the ... whatever, from high