Re: Surface Check on Linux?

Hi Robert,

Am Mi, den 04.02.2004 schrieb STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) um 20:36:
> I am now suspicious of the hard drive.  Are there
> any surface scan utilities for linux?

Well, you can always use the diagnostic utilities most harddrive vendors
offer. Seagate for example offers two toolsets on bootable CDs which can
do a complete and thorough check of Seagate harddrives. I am convinced
most other major vendors like IBM or Maxtor offer similar utilities.
Check out your vendors website ;-)

> Thanks for any pointers.

You're welcome.

cheers,