Two RH9 to fedora questions

Warren Pollans wpollans at verio.net
Wed Feb 4 21:14:05 UTC 2004

Hello,

If this not the appropriate place for this question, please point there.

As part of switching to a new workstation, I just installed fedora on a dell gx270 (2.4 GHz) - dual-booting XP pro and fedora - disclaimer: fedora is the default, XP will probably go unused :-)  My old workstation is still running RH9.

Everything seems to be working as before - only much faster - mozilla literally just pops up instead of lumbering onto the screen.  I had rebuilt mozilla, sylpheed-claws, apsell, mysql, my site-perl perl modules and a few other things and then copied over most of my home directory.  Pretty effortless for the most part

The QUESTIONS:

1.  How do I get the middle mouse button to expand the window vertically when I click on the "expand" box in the upper right corner of the window?  I thought this was I window-manager feature, but can't find it or remember how I configured it in RH9 - I'm using gnome and whatever window-manager comes with it

2.  I used the "command line" utility from the panel in RH9.  I have it on the fedora panel but would like to not have to re-enter all of the macros that I had defined in RH9.  Could someone please tell me where the config/data files are kept for panel "objects"?  Of course, I have could have re-entered everything in the time it took to write this note  :-)

Thanks,

Warren