Two RH9 to fedora questions

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Wed Feb 4 21:36:16 UTC 2004

Warren Pollans wrote:
> The QUESTIONS:
>
> 1.  How do I get the middle mouse button to expand the window vertically when I click on the "expand" box in the upper right corner of the window?  I thought this was I window-manager feature, but can't find it or remember how I configured it in RH9 - I'm using gnome and whatever window-manager comes with it

I had a user with a very similar question.
The magic settings for metacity are in Start-Preferences-Keyboard
Shortcuts. Change "Maximize window vertically" from disabled to
something like 'Meta-v'.

Unfortunately, there does not appear to be any way to get metacity to
adjust the functions of the standard window buttons.

If you'd like to ditch metacity for some other more configurable window
manager, search the archives of this list for IceWM. There's a good
how-to on replacing metacity with it.

> 2.  I used the "command line" utility from the panel in RH9.  I have it on the fedora panel but would like to not have to re-enter all of the macros that I had defined in RH9.  Could someone please tell me where the config/data files are kept for panel "objects"?  Of course, I have could have re-entered everything in the time it took to write this note  :-)

I don't know for sure, but it looks like the data gets stored under your
.gconf directory.