panel autohide bug

Todd Wilson twilson at csufresno.edu
Wed Feb 4 23:59:26 UTC 2004

Pardon me if this has been reported before.

I'm using Fedora Core R1, updated from RH 9.0, on a Dell Latitude.  I
have an edge panel set on autohide.  If I "touch" the hidden panel
with my pointer and move it off before the panel unhides, then the
panel does unhide and stays unhidden indefinitely.  It continues to
stay unhidden, whatever my activity, until my pointer enters it once
again and leaves, at which point it hides.  If I create a new panel,
the same holds true of the new one.

On RH 9.0, touching an autohide panel and coming off of it before it
unhides has no effect, i.e., it stays hidden (which, for me anyway, is
the preferred behavior).

Todd Wilson
Computer Science Department
California State University, Fresno