kde 3.2 multiple monitor problem

I downloaded kde 3.2.0 from oregonstate, but I have a problem. I have two
monitors, and I like to operate them completely independently (not Xinerama),
so that I can use the TV tuner card in my PC to watch TV on monitor 2 and use
monitor 1 to do my work.

With this kde, after bringing up the TV picture on monitor 2, clicking on
monitor 1's desktop changes monitor 2's display.

Has anyone else seen this? Are the oregonstate rpms as good as the 'official'
ones?

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist