Confused-finishing 2.6.2 install

Scott Fones boson245 at msn.com
Fri Feb 6 10:37:46 UTC 2004

I'm a little confused.  I read the documentation and followed it though to
compile/install the 2.6.2 kernel from source.  I ran my make modules_install
and make install commands with no problems.  The readme now says to copy the
/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to where my bootable kernal image is found.  So, I
opened up /etc/grub.conf so see where it looks and it has two files it looks
for in /boot. for a vmlinuz* file and an initrd* file.  From the looks of it
the bzImage is renamed to vmlinuz, but thats just my inference from the
directions.  My real problem is I have no idea where the initrd* file comes
from.  Can anyone help me finish off this installation, this is my first
time compiling a kernel and it was going so smoothly.

Thanks,
Scott