Slow KDE 3.2.

Ismael Juma ijuma82 at f2s.com
Sun Feb 8 00:42:34 UTC 2004

> I don't have much of a problem with KDE in general, but for some reason,
> version 3.2 is extremely slow (menus take many seconds to open) in my P4
> 1.9Ghz with 640 MB of RAM laptop. I'm using FC1 with the 2.6.1-1-65
> kernel. I found this interesting because I heard so many reports that
> KDE 3.2 is much faster than 3.1. I guess there must be something in my
> configuration that is causing the problems.

I installed the Nvidia drivers and the speed of KDE 3.2 improved
greatly. Menus open almost instantly instead of taking seconds like
before, even with most of the eye-candy features on. So, for the people
out there with Nvidia 3D cards that are having problems using KDE 3.2 in
FC1 because of its slowness, installing the latest drivers from Nvidia
is a possible solution.

Regards,
Ismael