Linus Virus Scanner

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Sun Feb 8 20:28:57 UTC 2004

Hi Brian,

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:57:53 -0600
Brian Connolly <linus at literatigroup.com> wrote:

> > This of course doesn't apply to people who deliberately don't care
> > about netiquette. You might have your reasons to do so, and I
> > respect that. But please accept the fact that it does matter to
> > other people, and I guess you'll see that asking people to improve
> > the way they handle emails that will be read by thousands of others
> > sounds very reasonable.
>
> Andre,
>
> As I've told my mother, sometimes her approach is like being pecked to
> death by ducks.

=)

> But that said, I hear you and I do sympathize with your points.  Your
> reasonableness actually does motivate me.  Now if only I could get you
> to speak to my mother. :)

I doubt it would have any effect! =) (unless, of course, we talk about
mailing lists and such ;) )

Seriously: I am glad you understood my points the right way, and will
give them a second thought (I really didn't mean to force anyone to do
anything, I was just trying to explain why I think it is important that
we keep trying to teach people -- nicely -- to use email properly).

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa