proxy_arp and network-scripts ?

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Tue Feb 10 14:26:40 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 14:30, Mario Mikocevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an official redhat way of enabling proxy_arp _after_ some net device
> is up or I should use ifup.local ?
>
> I know about echo 1 > $device/proxy_arp but I am thinking something like
> ARP or PROXY_ARP = yes in network-scripts dir.
>

> TIA,
>

> --
> Mario Mikocevic (Mozgy)
> mozgy at htnet dot hr
> It's never too late to have a good childhood!
>       The older you are, the better the toys!
> My favourite FUBAR ...

    I put these in /etc/sysctl.conf, but can't say if it is the "Right Way(tm)"
to do it. I would prefer an entry in network-scripts too.
    Another thing I use are gre tunnels. I've written ifup-gre, ifdown-gre and
so on for myself, but how about adding this to the official fedora network tools?
How can this be done? Fill feature request at bugzilla?
Is there someone else who would like this stuff?

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev