setting an tty locale to utf-8

adrianorg adrianorg at novohamburgo.rs.gov.br
Tue Feb 10 17:03:34 UTC 2004

Hi!

This issue is about setting a tty to show UTF-8 characters.

The ttys on which ones I can login (tty1 to tty4), correctly shows UTF-8
characters - OK!

But, I have modified syslogd.conf to write log messages to tty12, and
those messages don't shows correctly some "decorated" characteres, like
the combinations of vowels and tilde, acute, umlauth, cedilla, etc.

I think post-login processing prepares the tty to correctly shows UTF-8
chars, and I need to know what to do to make /dev/tty12 to properly show
UTF-8 chars.

Thanks.
adrianorg.