Settings for /etc/yum.conf

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 10 17:11:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:46:18AM -0500, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Watch out for atrpms dependency problems if you include that one.  Axel
> Thimm has a lot of good stuff, but seems to have something of a "my way
> or the highway" attitude about dependencies.

Hm, am I really making such an arrogant impression on you? ;)

FWIW some concerns about dependencies (like atrpms-.*rpm containing
the recomended configuration files for apt/yum) have been dealt with
(split out). In fact ATrpms' build system has been refined to only
create dependencies on kmdl and perl helper modules, i.e. dependencies
are currently extremly minimal.

(Note that this applies to packages build after some date around
new year)

> In my experience fedora.us, stable, and livna do not play nicely
> with the "freshrpms group", or vice versa.  Be careful what you
> throw into the mix.  "Too many (rpm) cooks spoil the (Fedora)
> broth."

But that's no surprise I guess. That is by fedora.us/livna design.

> [at-stable]
> name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 stable
> baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable
>
> #[at-good]
> #name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 good
> #baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/at-good
>
> #[at-testing]
> #name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 testing
> #baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing
>
> #[at-bleeding]
> #name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 bleeding
> #baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/fedora/1/en/i386/at-bleeding

Note that you only need one entry of the above (e.g. bleeding contains
testing, testing contains good, good contains stable).

The currently recommended setting is testing BTW, stable and good are
rather underpopulated. I am possibly a bit over-conservative. ;)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de