XFCE/Fedora questions

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Thu Feb 12 13:12:42 UTC 2004

I want to run XFCE as my default environment, but it doesn't seem to
"stick".  GDM says I need to use "switchdesk" to change my default
desktop, but XFCE doesn't appear in the list (only GNOME, KDE, and TWM).

Second question: I've put firefox on my launch panel, and it works fine
the first time I click on it, but the second time, it tries to launch a
second instance rather than just a new window in the original instance,
and gives me a profiles dialog.  Any way to just get it to open a new
window and not complain?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca