Figuring out redhat-config-httpd

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Feb 12 13:47:26 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 12.02.2004 schrieb Rodolfo J. Paiz um 04:07:
> At 11:39 2/10/2004, you wrote:
> >>         3. Verified that /etc/host.conf says "order hosts, dns" and
> >> verified that there is no DNS server running on this machine.
> >
> >More importantly, does 'host simpaticus' return 127.0.0.1?
>
> "host simpaticus" does not return anything; it says "no servers reached." I
> am under the impression that this is correct behavior since the host
> command is /only/ able to query DNS servers and not the /etc/hosts file; is
> this correct?

IMHO yes.

> >I'd expect to find the following in your httpd.conf file, based on your
> >comments, are these there?
> >
> >NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80
> ><VirtualHost 127.0.0.l:80>
> >     DocumentRoot /home/rpaiz/www.simpaticus.com
> >     ServerName simpaticus
> >     ServerAlias simpaticus.localhost
> >     ErrorLog logs/www.simpaticus.com-error_log
> ></VirtualHost>
>
> These are there.
>
> ><Directory /home/rpaiz/www.simpaticus.com>
> >     Order allow,deny
> >     Allow from all
> ></Directory>
>
> These are not. I'll check the directory orders later on. However, I guess
> the problem may have more to do with the namevirtualhost "simpaticus" not
> being properly recognized for some reason...

No necessary the Directory section.

To check what Apache sees for your main server and vhosts just execute:

apachectl -S

and check it's output.

> Rodolfo J. Paiz

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 14:44:40 up 3 days, 17:27, load average: 0.04, 0.17, 0.13
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]