Modem not detected.

Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com Vikas.Bhasin at britishairways.com
Fri Feb 13 05:37:40 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm not able to configure my modem on laptop. I have Dell Inspiron 8500.
Fedora installed successfully thought every time i boot my machine, It
stops at activating network and then i get error of unresolved IP address
for ethernet card eth0. To avoid this, i removed the card from system
settings.

Yesterday only i got internet connection so I tried it on my laptop but i
was unaware that Fedora never detected the modem on my laptop. I tried
running internet connection wizard and network configurator but couldn't
make it to detect my modem. I feel, i can make an external modem connect
to serial port to work as i've done it before on RH5.6 but i want to use
the inbuilt modem. I'm not very good at Linux but want to explore and
understand it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikas