Re: FC2 test 1

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 01:44, Jeff Vian wrote:

> >We're actually shipping *less* kernel RPMs than FC1.
> >- No Athlon build
> YIKES,  and what about all the users who have Athalons.  Are you
> planning to force them to compile the kernel right off the bat?

In 2.6, it's largely unnecessary. prefetch instructions get
patched at boottime/module-load time depending on whether its
running on Intel/AMD.  The only thing an Athlon build buys you
is an optimised memcpy/memset routines.  runtime switching of those
routine is on my (and several other peoples) todo list.

	Dave