"cdrecord" fails consistently with scsi errors

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Feb 13 12:56:38 UTC 2004

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>  the failure isn't always at the same place, and i've never had problems
>with burning before.  any thoughts?  is it possible the burner is bad?
>i can't believe all of these CDs were flawed somehow.
>
>  thoughts?
>
>rday

I haven't done this yet, so this is only a guess, but 'cdrecord
dev=HELP:' indicates for an ATAPI: prefix that an appropriate target
syntax is ATAPI:bus,target,lun and it also says "Open via UNIX device:
not supported".  Perhaps that man page is just outdated since your use
of /dev/hdb partially worked. But given your -scanbus output perhaps
using dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 would work better?

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021