RedHat, Fedora future?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Feb 13 14:56:55 UTC 2004

T. Ribbrock wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:10:18PM -0500, Mike Lurk wrote:
> [...]
>

> This will, however, be difficult to address. I've seen it happen not
> only between Linux's, but also in mixed Unix environments - unless the
> admin runs a very tight ship with regard to versioning.
>
> [...]
>
> Cheerio,
>
> Thomas

This part of the problem and I agree it is a problem.

Now is the time to start fixing it.  This is one reason I asked the
question in the firstplace.  As many know, admins are short on time
and long on work and don't need these headaches.

As for linux usability at home, here is a link in which this is being
discussed on Slasthdot.

Trivial Barriers to Personal Linux Use?
<http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/13/0048252&mode=thread&tid=106&tid=185>

--