UK Updates

Roger Beever roger2 at rogernet.net
Sat Feb 14 11:51:51 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 11:35, Ted wrote:
> I am having problems upgrading using the redhat US address...Anyone know if
> there is a faster service in the UK ??
> --
> Regards
>   Ted Wager
>     Linux user

Hi go to fedoranews.org and look for the speed up yum how-to.
there is a list of mirror servers including a few in the UK
I picked trhe first one and it seems OK.
Although I did wonder the first night when it slowed to modem pace but
it was the night the FC2 test was released.
after that I have been hitting the official max speed for my adsl.
Just take you time makeing the changes it took me 3 goes to get it
right.
Regards Roger