Newbie imigration from win to linux

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sun Feb 15 01:37:01 UTC 2004

jad madi wrote:

> what about Mandrake? I heared mandrake package comes with 5000 RPM on 7
> cds so i dont have to download anything

Mandrake download edition is 3 CDs with no SRPMs. Mandrake Powerpack has
7 CDs including SRPMS and some apps missing from the download edition.
With either you'll need to download updates after installation, just as
with any other cutting edge distro. There are a couple significant
things about Mandrake and SuSE I like better than Fedora (HPFS support
built in by default, and NUMLOCK by default), but I use all three.
--
"I place economy among the first and most important of republican
virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/