Apache Died

Jwp live4bacon at optonline.net
Sun Feb 15 06:11:18 UTC 2004

Back again.

So I installed FC1 about a month ago, the first thing I did was set up the
apache server. No problem has been running fine ever since.  Now today I
tried to add a virtual host.  Using the Webmin tool.

Well that never really worked.  So I removed said virtual host and restarted
Apache now here is where the problem begins.

Upon restart of Apache I received the following error:

"httpd failed. The error was: Starting httpd: (99)Cannot assign requested
address: make_sock: could not bind to address 24.44.190.85:80

No listening sockets available, shutting down

Unable to open logs

[FAILED]"

Now the funny thing is that I run apache on port 9000  and it is set up to:

Listen 9000

ServerName b-dub.org

I did change my DNS entry to forward requests for b-dub.org to
ww2.b-dub.org:9000 would this be the problem? Should I change the server
name entry?  Also I removed the httpd.conf that I have been using for the
past month, dropped the httpd.conf.orig into its place and changed it to
match my original setup as I though that maybe Webmin screwed up my conf
file.

Thanks for you time,

JP