User Linux

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Feb 15 06:32:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 12:35, Peter Eddy wrote:

> If you'd been using Linux for as long as I have you'd know that Linux
> and Linux desktops *have* gotten vastly easier to use, thanks in large
> part to the efforts of RedHat. If you'd been around to witness this
> transformation you'd probably be wowed with the current state of Linux
> rather than being upset by it. Go try to install an old version of
> Slackware or Debian if you want to see what I'm talking about.

	Sing it, brother Eddy.  I am still amazed at the level Linux has risen
to.  When I started out back in the tail end of 1991 all we had was HJ
Lu's boot/root floppies.  You had to compile everything from scratch and
were damn happy to do it.

--
Akebono vs Godzilla!  Coming soon to a theater near you.