Web development on FC1

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Mon Feb 16 14:20:33 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 15:04, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 16.02.2004 schrieb Martin Alderson um 14:43:
> > On 16 Feb 2004, at 13:34, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

<snip>

> > > Use vim or (x)emacs. Highly commended.
> >
> > Your kidding, right?
>
> No, not at all.
>
> > There is no way you can design a heavily graphical site using a text
> > editor.
>
> You mean those websites with all these flickering animated graphics?
>
> I really think, a web page you can not overlook in a text editor isn't
> worth to be published. You always have to handle css and html files in
> source. At least to make the site cross-browser compatible.

<snip>

That depends on the intended audience, and if you actually think it's
wort the extra work to satisfy the few people out there with
terminal-only setups.

Personally, for 99% of the web pages out there, I don't. Personally, for
100% of the web pages, you do. Neither of our opinions makes any
difference as the OP specifically asked for a WYSIWIG web design tool,
and vi, emacs, bluefish and so on does not belong in that category.

--
Tarjei