Upgrade of RH 7.1 and Linuxconf

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Tue Feb 17 05:01:28 UTC 2004

Everyone,

I have tried to upgrade my RH 7.1 box with FC1 and had some problems.  The first time I started the upgrade it aborted; I tried it again and a third time with subsequent failures after not being able to find linuxconf.  The first time it aborted the missing file 'linuxconf' message was not present.

I was able to reboot 7.1 and linuxconf is now missing on the system.  I do not know if linuxconf was missing before I started the upgrade or not.  My belief is that linuxconf was present and somehow got deleted during the upgrade.

Is there a way to recover from this problem without going to the backup's, or preferably is there a way to continue the Fedora upgrade.

Thanks,

Greg Ennis