Web control panel for adding e-mail accounts for virtual hosting

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Feb 17 18:11:17 UTC 2004

At 10:58 2/17/2004, you wrote:
>Thank you for your answer. So Webmin is a good tool for all my customers
>to manage their accounts even with multiple domain hosting on one
>server?

Ivo, please keep all list-related conversations on-list. The whole point is
to make sure everyone (as a COMMUNITY) gets the benefit of the questions
and the answers... if it's one-on-one, it's either consulting or tech
support and you have to pay for it.

Webmin is an excellent graphical tool for system administration. It reads
the config files, respects (without overwriting) your changes, and has
modules for almost anything you could want to do. It runs as its own little
web server so it's accessible from anywhere, it's easily set up to use SSL
so you have a secure interface for your remote admin work, and it uses
almost no resources so you can put it on any box.

It is not, however, a "control panel" tool designed specifically for
virtual web hosting. Many people do use it for such work, but you'll have
to try it out and see for yourself. Hint: you can give any individual user
access only to certain modules and for certain domains, so yes... it /can/
do what you want although it's somewhat more work.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com