Platforms running Fedora

Christofer C. Bell cbell at jayhawks.net
Wed Feb 18 06:14:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, AMAZING POWERS OF OBSERVATION wrote:

>     i have a matrox mammy bored / 1.8 gh athilon with nividia card and
> it runs great . its the koobox computer that lindows dells with there
> distro . i love gnomes rendering on fc1
>
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 22:14, Wayde Gutman wrote:
>
> > I noticed that there were some questions posted about what platforms can
> > run Fedora.
> >
> > I have Fedora running on Asus P2-99 [1999], Celeron 400-mhz [Socket
> > 370], around 380-mb ram, Western Digital WD200 hard drive. Runs fine
> > with Gnome, don't have any complaints. Rather use xfce, though. Even
> > Dosemu boots!

Running on a dual Celeron 550 with 512mb of ram, 3x 20gb disks (one is
boot drive, other two are a mirror volume for /home).  nVidia GeForce 2
card.  Also have a CD-RW, running 100 base T with an Intel card PCI .  I
plan to upgrade this machine in the near future, probably when I upgrade
my Windows machine.  At that time, I'll be running on an Athlon XP 1800+
with 768 mb of ram and a GeForce 4 video card, again with a CD-R and 100
base T networking using an Intel PCI card.

--
Chris

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.  Set
a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."  -- Unknown